Bookmarks have been sent to Chicago, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Kingston, Toronto, Israel...
I have found several people willing to be transporting bookmarks and launching them. People were excited to help.
One person I know - I left a test bookmark in the bag of a friend to see her reaction - told me she found it and wants to keep it. She does not want to re-launch it. I had not anticipated that.
One person I know - I left a test bookmark in the bag of a friend to see her reaction - told me she found it and wants to keep it. She does not want to re-launch it. I had not anticipated that.
Perhaps my bookmarks are too 'nice'? My friend did say however that she would make her own bookmark and write the message on the back and launch it. Maybe this is the way it will work.
Other than that one bookmark, we have had one response of a found bookmark at the public library in Moncton, NB. I was very excited to read that tweet!
I have been thinking that maybe I have it all wrong. I have enjoyed making the bookmarks, each one different. And perhaps now I need to let it go and believe that those who find them will enjoy them and it will somehow add to their day. If anything more happens, that is a bonus.
This project has spurned in me a desire to connect with people I don't know. Yesterday, I chose a name and city at random and looked up an address on Canada411. I wrote a letter to that person and popped it in the mail today. That action made me feel so good. I know how I feel when I receive a handwritten letter in the mail. I hope Larry in Vancouver will enjoy it. I thought about him as I wrote it and wished him the best for the year to come. Though Larry does not know me, I am hoping he will feel the sincerity in my letter and that it will encourage him to give a positive message to a stranger.
There will also be another random letter heading out to Scott in Whitehorse.
We are all living together in this world - let's make some connections. Anyone else want to join me in sending random letters?
No comments:
Post a Comment